Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Introduction to Cake

It should be noted that while I do enjoy cake and it may make a cameo appearance in my posts from time to time, as a general rule, cake is not the primary subject of my ramblings, so if you’re after a blog about sweet treats I’m afraid you’re in the wrong place.
Cakes is my name. Well…not my NAME but the moniker by which I am known to my inner circle. It is also cooler than my real name.

The most difficult step in creating a blog, I have discovered, is finding a name. Sure…Something Cakes isn’t sparkling with literary wit but my first choice; Chasing Cakes was taken by someone blogging about…well, cake. Compelling Cakes seemed a little presumptuous and Cultural Cakes screamed “I’m a wanker”. I did come very close to calling it Covert Cakes as I do fancy myself as something of a secret ninja but realized that advertising that fact kind of detracts from the “secret”, so Something Cakes it is.

I had intended for my first post to reflect my sparkling wit and charming intellect through a series of carefully worded anecdotes and passages. Instead, I’ve introduced myself as a bakery treat. Smooth.



 
Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

  1. I think Cakey Cakerton of Caketown would have worked equally as well :D

    ReplyDelete