Saturday, February 26, 2011

Blissful Ink

My second tattoo was the result of a gift voucher given to me for my birthday by a friend. I therefore relinquish all responsibility for this one, Mum, as it would have been rude not to use a voucher so generously gifted to me.

And you always taught me to be grateful and polite.

I went in to get it immediately following a 90 minute boxing circuit, during which I may have burned every calorie  had ever consumer. Ever. Even after a warm down, stretch and shower my muscles were still spasming and I felt like I may pass out at any minute. And there you have the explanation for the tired makeup-less photo. So what should one do in this situation you ask? Why, go and traumatise your body some more by having someone run a high powered needle across your skin injecting ink under the dermis of course.

I was going to write the whole story behind this but all you really need is the overview, after all, you get a tattoo for yourself. It is self expression on display and as long as it means something to you, that is all that matters.You do not need to justify your tattoo to anyone else. Obviously if you choose to show people you don't want to hear negative feedback on your permanent artwork but don't go and get something that you don't connect with or that doesn't ring true for you just for rave reviews. YOU have to wear it for the rest of your life...or until you get laser removal. They are just observers. Don't be offended, not everyone is necessarily going to love what you get. And thats ok.

It is rare that you go into an art gallery and love every piece on display and body art is the same.

This tattoo is a reminder to myself. That its ok to put myself first and focus on my own happiness.

To follow MY bliss.

Also, the barbed wire arm band has been done.

Best Blogger Tips

11 comments:

  1. Sorry Mama Cakes, I totally take responsibility for the permance of this Birthday present.

    Cakes, you're welcome ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, not my fault!! Thanks Duchess!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came across your blog and wanted to invite you to take part at my giveaway ;)
    Click here to take part

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's beautiful!!

    AdaC.D. at http://www.streetsofimagination.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Ada, its always wonderful to hear good feedback on my tattoos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great!!! Never saw a tatToo like this before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, whats the font called?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much! It's called windsong, here is a link to it x

    http://www.dafont.com/windsong.font

    ReplyDelete
  9. thnx girl :) beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely my pleasure!
    Marie, I'm glad you like it and so glad that I could introduce you to a new style of tattooing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you for your lovely comment doll! i LOVE your new tattoo im getting another one in the next week (; - they get so addictive lol x

    ReplyDelete