Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The very hungry Cakes

Two things that you need to know about me. I am always hungry and I like to explore. Both of these traits were visible in me from a very young age I was quite active and inquisitive and ate everything. I wanted to know what was going on and I wanted to be everywhere at once.

As soon as I had even the most basic control of my motor skills I would be dragging myself, scuttling or climbing into everything. Much to the dismay of my poor mother who, by the time she had realised that not-yet 2 year old me was off, found me halfway up the ladder to the roof of our house where my Dad was working.

When my older brother, Big Cakes, was 5 and in school and I was around 18 months old. Big Cakes had acquired a caterpillar, lets call him Arnold, as a pet. Big Cakes kept Arnold in an old ice-cream container filled with tasty grass and leaves for it to snack on. The lid had breathing holes that Mum had punched with a kebab skewer.

After he was done playing with him my mother would tell Big Cakes "make sure you put Arnold up high were Cakes can't reach him". Poor Big Cakes, not being nearly as wiley as I, failed to hide Arnold properly (its hard to hide things from and 18month old who can find her father on the roof).

My mother found me, not long after I had discovered Arnold in his inadequately hidden ice-cream container home, with an empty ice-cream container and green Arnold coloured goop around my mouth.

My mother always told me to eat my greens.


Best Blogger Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment