Monday, February 21, 2011

When Opportunity Comes A-knockin'

When faced with an opportunity I tend to do one of two things. On the rare occasion, I flirt with the possibility that perhaps this opportunity has been presented to me at this time because I have earned it. That I've paid my dues and a culmination of things have caused me to be in the perfect place at the perfect time having accrued the perfect experience to take advantage of aforementioned opportunity. At these junctions, I accept that the universe is rewarding me for my hard work and awesomeness

The other thing that I do is run. I run as far and as fast in the oppposite direction as my endlessly fabulous shoes will take me. I'm not entirely sure why I do this but it obviously doen't tend to end well and it certainly doesn't leave me rolling in the spoils brought to me by a new opportunity. I choose the safe path and continue plodding along, not earning more, not seeing anything new and not allowing myself to taste the difference that change brings.

I generally go with the latter.

The rub is that I like to think of my self as somehwat brave and more adventurous than the average bear so why the fear of change? Change has always been good to me, its taken me to wonderful places, introduced me to remarkable people, given me countless good things and rarely brought disappointment that I hadn't already seen on the horizon. So perhaps i'm not actually afraid of change. Perhaps its not that I feel that I don't deserve a break, because, believe me, I do. Maybe i'm just lazy. It is easier not to change. And instead to live a stagnant season, turning a blind eye to the things that are making your existence less than ideal and to choke on the cloud of dust that opportunity leaves as it thunders by you again.

So this is me. Grabbing the proverbial bull by his sizeable horns.


Watch this space.

Best Blogger Tips

2 comments:

  1. I adore your quirky writing style, don't stop blogging, your posts are hilarious and so endearing :D

    I am now following you, please don't hesitate to pay me a visit at

    http://chocolatelegobricks.blogspot.com/

    <1 <2 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your comment, that means a lot!! Totally the voice that I was going for - you just made my day!

    I just started following your blog too.

    x Cakes

    ReplyDelete