Thursday, March 3, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

So this morning I woke up to find that the lovely Marie of To Make A Rhyme had awarded me a stylich blogger award. 

My first award. The first tangible recognition, apart from the payment for $1.17 I received from Google Ads, that proves that people appreciate what I write. So thank you Marie, I am flattered and ever so grateful.

It appears that with this award there are a set of rules:

1. Thank and link back to the person that awarded this to you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.

Things about myself:
- I moved to Melbourne (VERY long story short) because of a television show.
- I have a shoe thing. Which often clashes with my finance thing. Its a whole thing...
- I love animals. I do not love children.
- My guilty pleasure: Carbs. Give me a big bowl of pasta over a block of chocolate anyday.
- Working, at present, in the least glamourous corner of the fashion industry.
- Am adopted. Mama and Papa Cakes are the greatest people on earth. No contest.
- I am awesome...have you read my blog?!

So not all of the blogs that i'm awarding are for new blogs as such. They are for blogs which are new to me and as i'm only a few months old as a blogger...everything is new! Also I'm going to bend the rules a little, I will add to this list so that it hits the requested 15 over time.


A Blogful of Boredom - hilarious blog created to entertain the author during her times of boredom...read it! Every post will put a smile on your face!
Grace Et Cetera - a very clever and funny blog written by the beautiful Grace.
Streets of Imagination - A page devoted to the beautiful things in the fashion world.
The Barreness  - I love the Barreness. I wait impatiently patiently for her new posts and squirm with joy when I see a new one. NOT for the faint hearted or easily offended, this woman is real, hilarious and has a penchant for beautiful Spanish men.
Does This Look Infected To You - A blog comprised of all the funny and random things that the author has written or collected from the corners of the internet. The posts never fail to amuse.
Appeal Thrills - inspiration, beautiful things and personal musings are abundant here.
Mademoiselle Economist - The lovely Giuli was one of my first random followers, she commented on my post and I was immediately drawn to her page of style. She posts regularly with her own outfits and the inspiration for her wardrobe.
Fistful of Words - If you haven't already checked out this collaborative blog from the US, you should. It is a collective page brought to you by 6 writers, they allow guest contributions and are pretty much aweome.
The Light of God and Girls - An amazing blog written by Australian model Tiah Delaney with her writing already published in a number of online and print mediums we are lucky to have access to her personal writing.
Carrie Bradshaw is Full of Shit  - The name says it all, this lady has attitude. It shows through in her posts, she is sharp funny and just awesome really.

Thank you again, Marie, for the recognition and please check out these blogs. They are worth the time!!

 
Best Blogger Tips

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations!
    I love your blog and your style.
    This is my blog http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.com/
    Please take a look if you want and if you like it please follow and I will follow you back.
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Tereza! I jsut started following your blog...now to settle in and read the whole thing!

    xx Cakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the award sweetie!! Well deserved!!:)

    And thank you for passing it on to me! I really appreciate it and thank you for you lovely words!:)

    Giuli
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are more than welcome Giuli xxx

    Thank you Grace,! I just started follow ing you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cakes, thank you so much for the award, what a beautiful surprise.. i love your work and your stylish blog..

    AdaC.D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My absolute pleasure Ada, it was well deserved. Keep up the great work xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you thank you! I am so sorry it took so long to reply. :) It is what I get for reading everything on my iPhone.

    Youa re an absolute doll! Thank you for the praise.

    ReplyDelete