Friday, April 8, 2011

Absentee Cakes

Its been about a week since my last post, so long, in fact, that my typing prowess has taken something of a nosedive. Its rather worrying how much of a workout the 'backspace' button is getting this morning!


I can't explain how excited I am that while I have not posted in so long, I am still getting a solid number of pageviews per day. You guys rock!

My neglect of my blog has not been due to laziness or lack of things to say, it has been from sheer tiredness. I started my new job this, week, kicking off Monday with a solid 12 hours and have possibly learned more in the past 4 days than I have collectively in the last 5 years...its been intense. My brain has gone from being a dried up little sponge slowly withering on the side of the draining board to a pulsating organ of learning.

That sounded much dirtier than I intended...

So my nerd level has risen exponentially and I fully expect that I will have to start wearing my glasses (which are incidentally the same pair as my new boss...who we love and whose genetic makeup i would consider massacring small villages for also...you should see her shoes) to work in the near future so that my clients will be able to fully appreciate my newly found leetness.
My most alarming discovery in my first week is the serious lack of newbie feeling that has been going around. That feeling that normally goes hand in hand with a new job/school/group. There has been no n00b pwning, no looking down, and no feeling of being the outsider. Everyone has time to introduce themselves, to help, to teach and teach happily...its eerie...I do not feel like the new kid whose shoes are a little too shiny, pencil case too un-graffitied and who must, at least once by the end of the first day be pushed into a puddle.

I will tell you, though, that I am incredibly glad that it is Friday.

Its been a gargantuan week and there is a good chance that if it doesn't rest, my little brain, which has been working at previously unrecorded rates will overload, explode and leave me looking like this.



And that's no help to anybody.
 
  
Best Blogger Tips

4 comments:

  1. Nice to have you back, Cakes!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We check because we care :)
    I was wondering if you had started your new job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Gracie & Vil, you guys just made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your first week went fine - always a hard time, isn't it.
    But here you are up to a well deserved good week-end. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete