Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Now Leaving Carb Town

Having spent almost two weeks now, partially incapacitated by my stupid broken toe, I have come to the horrifying realisation that I may have to cut back on the carbs and cheese laden foods which make me so happy in my belly places and make up a large portion of my diet. I'm simply not one of these women who survive on salad and water. I enjoy salad and I drink water but they are not the entirity of my average food intake.

Its not my fault that pastry and potatoes, pasta and rice taste so good.

Nor is it my fault that cheese is so delicious...especially when paired with any of the aforementioned foodstuffs.

It would appear that when one is incapable of exercising to no greater an extent than hobbling pitfully between visits in-field for work and consumes the same amount of delicious carby goodness as when exercise was a viable option, ones hard-ish work at the gym goes out the window. You also come to the stark realisation that it was your level of activity that kept you svelte and on the less than squishy side of life despite your unbridled passion for several glasses of wine with a bowl of pasta, not the magical metabolism that you've miraculously maintained since you were seventeen. Because that just doesn't happen. Sorry.

So for the next two weeks it is going to have to be goodbye potatoes, au revoir bread, ciao pasta. At least for dinner...if I eat them early that's ok right?




Best Blogger Tips

2 comments:

  1. I'm doing the exact same thing!! I've an ear infection and a sliced hand so no gymming or swimming for me right now. Damn you carbs, especially you, bagels!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! You poor thing! Its the worst isn't it...oh bagels. GET IN MY BELLY you delicious morsel!!

    ReplyDelete