Saturday, May 21, 2011

Excuses Excuses

I've been guilty quite often lately of going some time without a post, posting a profound apology (they truly are apologetic, don't get me wrong) and then slipping into cyber anonymity again. It is not so much a lack of material or time...I mean, how long does it really take to write a post, the awesome just flows from my brain an onto the screen...I lie, it takes me AGES to think, re-think, edit, re-edit, delete, re-re-write and finally post a blog which reflects an acceptable level of wit and pazazz.

Also, the successful choosing of an unlimited internet service provider and the recent accumulation of a number of different technological gadgets due to my new job, I am finding myself more and more easily distracted by the shiny callings of the many far reaching corners of the internet and technological realm. One could almost...ALMOST venture so far as to say that I am becoming more nerdy. I have always been something of the reclusive bookworm type, spending many a late night up as an early primary school child reading the works of Dickens, Tolkien and Shakespeare by torchlight after lights out, I am a self professed Star Wars fan, not of the fanatical type however. I didn't wait in line overnight to get the first tickets to The Phantom Menace, I can't quote you The Empire Strikes Back word for word but if the opportunity arises rest assured that I will hunt down a prisoner Leia outfit and rock that shit.


Just quietly, I am hoping that the aforementioned opportunity doesn't arise for at least a couple of months, until I have had a chance to make up the ground lost from a month of latent nothingness as a result of my broken toe.

I digress, the problems herein. I am currently the forerunner for Miss Struggletown 2011, juggling all of my new responsibilities which more often than not spill out of business hours, maintaining my posting schedule for A Drop Of Ink and making sure that I keep myself fed, watered and rested on a regular basis is proving quite a task.

After a huge week I was thrilled to come upon the weekend. What a glorious time, one where I would be productive, making my way through the pile of washing that seems never to diminish, vacuuming, scrubbing and dusting our apartment and making a dent in the extra weight that i've miraculously acquired recently. It seems that fate had other plans for me. My body refused to move, leaving me bedridden and after a while, quite agitated until early afternoon where I poured myself most un-gracefully onto the floor and dragged/crawled/clawed my way to the shower.

So there you have it my official, rambling, incoherent and somewhat thin excuse for the lack of attention that i've been showing of late.

Forgive me.

And forgive the miserable quality of this post...its a wonder sometimes that you all still follow me...thanks guys x
Best Blogger Tips

1 comment:

  1. We all have days like this! That does not change the fact that we always enjoy reading your posts........even this one!!!
    Take care

    ReplyDelete